Urine stains on your mattress can be gross and may creep you out. But it’s very common to get urine stains on the mattress if you have a pet or an infant. Urine stains can be very problematic if left untreated and can lead to the growth of harmful bacteria and germs. Also, urine stains also leave a bad stink from the mattress which can be embarrassing and can impact your quality of sleep and relaxation. Urine stain removal can be carried out at home by DIY methods or you can always take help of professional mattress cleaners to get your mattress cleaning and mattress odour removal done. This is an easy to follow guide which can help you in how to get rid of urine stains from the mattress.
Following are the things you will need:
- Empty spray bottle
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Liquid soap or detergent
- Any product of lavender oil
- Vacuum Cleaner
Steps For The Procedure
- Step 1: Take an empty spray bottle and add 8 parts of hydrogen peroxide and 3 parts of baking soda, you can also add liquid soap if you want. For urine odour removal you can add lavender oil to this solution.
- Step 2: Spray this solution on the fresh urine stain and keep spraying till it saturates the stain. You can continue to spray if the stain is deep and stubborn, you will see that the urine stain is fading slowly because of peroxide. This will take few minutes and leave it as it is if the stain is taking time to disappear.
- Step 3: After step 2 is finished you will leave the mattress to dry naturally or sometimes you can use a hair dryer to fasten up the drying process. Baking soda can also leave a yellow stain after the drying process, this stain can also be easily removed.
- Step 4: Tap the stained part continuously to bring out remaining baking soda trapped inside the fabric and padding. Use a vacuum cleaner and run it over the patch to remove the yellow powder of soda. Keep repeating till no sign of yellow soda or dirt is seen. You can also sprinkle some drops of lavender oil as well for urine odour removal and mattress deodourization.
Why Hire “Spotless Mattress Cleaning”
Urine stains on your mattresses can cause various problems to your health and hygiene. Urine stains get contaminated with bacteria very fast which can result in the spread of diseases and illness. Professional mattress cleaning service like Spotless Mattress Cleaning provides all the answers to your mattress questions. We offer mattress cleaning and mattress urine stain removal services 24x 7 and our expert team of professional mattress cleaners will deliver the results in 24 hours leaving your mattresses clean and odour free.